Ancient castles, dramatic mountains, warming whisky, diverse wildlife, picturesque seaside villages, abundant seafood, scenic golf courses and stunning coastal landscapes: The North East 250 is Scotland’s most recently-launched driving route! It is a circular route which begins and ends in the >Granite City< of Aberdeen, and offers an unforgettable drive through a stunning variety of scenery in Aberdeenshire, Speyside and Moray. The North East 250 might just be Scotland's best-kept secret, encompassing everything Scotland is famous for in one unique road trip.
You'll discover the grand castles of Royal Deeside, the dramatic mountain passes of the Cairngorms National Park, the famous malt whisky distilleries of Speyside, the beaches and seaside villages of the Moray Firth, and the rugged coastline of Aberdeenshire. This self-drive road trip showcases some of the best places to spot Scotland’s impressive variety of marine wildlife, as well as the highest concentration of whisky distilleries and castles in the country. The tour offers an unforgettable journey through the diverse and varied landscape of north east Scotland. The route links charming villages and coastal towns, replete with historical and archaeological interest. There are countless outdoor activities to enjoy - from hillwalking to taking an exhilarating boat trip on the coast.
• Step back in time to explore Scotland's Castle Trail
• Visit Royal Deeside and the splendid Balmoral Castle Estate
• Experience a spectacular journey on the highest public road in Britain, as you travel through the incredible landscape of the eastern Cairngorms Mountains
• Discover an amazing array of marine wildlife in the Moray Firth such as bottlenose dolphins, grey seals and harbour porpoises
• Experience beautiful sunsets from the beaches of the Moray Firth in the summer months and The Northern Lights in winter
• Sample your way around the Malt Whisky Trail - home of the world's largest concentration of whisky distilleries
• Visit The Glenlivet Distillery and the Speyside Cooperage
• Follow the dramatic North Sea coastline past quaint fishing villages and towering cliffs
• Try your hand at golf at one of the oldest links courses in the world
Whether you're a history buff, whisky obsessive, hiker, biker, foodie, munro bagger, wildlife-lover, or just want to kick back and relax - the incredible diversity of the North East 250 caters to absolutely everybody.
-North East 250-